The Bible, and the testimony of the church of God in history bear witness that each time the people of God rise up in adoration to Him with fasting, prayer and the Scriptures, the enemy gets very upset because he knows that this is the only way we can see people, families, and marriages transformed by the power of God in the midst of a world broken by sin. And here in Eastridge we have been praying and fasting for a revival in our lives, in our families, in our neighborhood, and in our church. So, it does not surprise us that the enemy is furious and is constantly trying to hurt our faith and discourage us. There are young adults, elderly people, married couples, families, children, and teenagers who are under strong struggles. Last week, some people stole some very expensive parts of our church van, that provides transportation to church for those that do not have ways to get to church. But the Lord today reminds us of His powerful promises: John 16:33“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”. Amen! And as He has overcome we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus. So we will not allow the enemy to rob us of peace and joy, on the contrary, we continue to pray, fast, and announcing His Word and living in obedience. Because God is faithful to His promises to those who love Him with all their heart and walk in holiness. I conclude with the promise of God in 2 Cor.4:8-9,16-18“We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed….Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
With love in Christ, Pastor Eva
* Unfortunately camping is cancelled due to the inconveniences of the climate, the family camp that was scheduled for this Sunday, May 26 and Monday, May 27.
* Local Missions - This Sunday a box will be located at the entrance of the sanctuary in the corner of missions so that together we can gather four baskets of love for families in our church and neighborhood. We can bring food, for example: sugar, rice, cereals, spaghetti, oil, etc.) and personal hygiene tools, for example: toothpaste, toilet paper, bath soap, laundry soap, etc.)
* We also want to ask for your support in prayers and in your faithfulness to God with the tithes and offerings so that we can cover the necessary expenses and that we need to resolve as soon as possible.
A) The spare parts of the parts of the van that were stolen amounted to a little more than $ 1,000.00
B) There is a crack in one of the rooms in the basement where young people have their Sunday School; and every time it rains, it floods and is causing a lot of damage. It is estimated that the expenses will be around $ 1,000.00
* Membership classes started last Sunday, but it is not too late for you to join them. Such classes are taught during Sunday School in the room next to the pastoral office through Pastor Andy and Pastor Eva.
* May 25th - The praise group will be having their practice at 10 am. And at 5:30 p.m. the Young Adult ministry will be having an activity.
* This Wednesday May 29 we will be having the prayer service and this time will be guided by Pastor Rick.
* Friday, May 31st - the youth from High School will be leaving for the camp at CTR. Please ask for your prayers so that God manifest in a special way in each one of their lives.