Friday, April 12, 2019
Dear Eastridge Family,
Just a reminder tomorrow so you don’t miss out on the fun. We are asking everyone who is able to join us at the church at 10am. We will be filling our plastic Easter Eggs with candy and doing some cleaning and small repairs to get ready for the most important week of the Christian year. We still need some more candy if you have not brought yours to the church yet. Stephanie has some meat cooking to share for lunch with all our volunteers.
Our Holy Week schedule includes:
- Wednesday, April 17 instead of meeting to pray in the sanctuary, we will be praying as we walk in our neighborhood and distribute Easter Invitations flyers.
- Good Friday is April 19. We will be remembering the suffering and crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Our church will be open from 12 p.m. for anyone who can come to pray. We will have a service at 7pm and we will receive Communion as well.
- Sunday 21 we will be celebrating Easter! We will not have Sunday school, because we will have a breakfast from 9:45 to 10:30 a.m. This is a great opportunity to invite your friends and family to hear the good news of salvation!
- Following the Easter Worship Celebration, we will have an Easter Egg Hunt for the children.
- We will also receive the Easter Offering for missions. The Nazarene Church supports over 700 missionaries around the world in 162 different countries.
My Favorite Quotes from last week
"The most miserable people in the world are the people who are self-centered, who don't do anything for anybody, except themselves." - E. Stanley Jones
"Be hard on yourself and easy on others. Carry your own cross but never lay one on the back of another." – A.W. Tozer
Until we see Jesus as our Good Samaritan, we will never be sacrificial in our love for our neighbors. – Tim Keller